Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thank God for Dirty Dishes

People are asking how I'm handling life without a dishwasher.  Here's the poem I chant in my head (author unknown):

Thank God for dirty dishes
They have a tale to tell,
While others are going hungry,
We're eating very well.

With health and peace and happiness
I shouldn't want to fuss
Based on this stack of evidence
God's been very good to us!

This has kept me very getting too stressed out when I see the dishes piled up on the counter!

Things are moving along with our trip.  I received the "Mission Manual" from Believer's World on Friday.  It made everything seem very official.  Well, the manual and the payment schedule.  I was incorrect about how the payment schedule would go.  Instead of two payments, it's actually a payment each month, starting March 1st.  The first payment is $598 and then each payment thereafter is $825.  That was very sobering!  But, as I said, God is faithful and he will show up in this.  I can hardly wait to share the "God stories" with you!

Please continue to pray for this trip ... that souls would be saved and that our work may bring physical healing to many.

"In the poor we meet Jesus in His most distressing disguises."  Mother Teresa

3 comments:

  1. Angela - I found your blog from your recent update to CaringBridge - I decided to "follow" you as you post about your upcoming mission trip. Although we have never met - I work at Scripps with Robert and always followed your updates on CB and I truly want you to know that MM brought me closer to God because I was praying for her every day of her short life. When you posted the recent entry it automatically emailed me and I am just now getting around to catching up on personal emails today and read your recent entry. Your CB entry brought me here.

    I wish you the best with your fund raising efforts and think that your idea of a garage sale is a wonderful idea. Please be sure to post an announcement here on your blog when you set the date.

    God bless.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more idea for raising funds would be to sell your kids outgrown clothes to a resale shop where you may be able to get more cash for the best quality outfits than at a garage sale. I recommend a shop in Greenback TN. Visit the web site at http://www.babyemperor.com this is not a consignment store - she pays cash for quality gently worn outfits and furnishings and toys. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the poem... never heard it before but good to remember! I admire your faith in God and listening to His calling especially in regards to this mission trip! I love you! -Ange

    ReplyDelete