Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Dishwasher

As with most things, the trip to Uganda is not free.  Typically missionaries (both short and long term) are asked to raise their own support for their mission.  The same is the case for me.  And how much does a trip to Uganda cost these days?  About $3,900 for flight, food, lodging and in-country transportation.  I wish I had a few thousand dollars lying around just waiting to be spent, but as with most of us, that's not the case.  So I'm back to my old profession ... fund raising.  One of the first rules of fund raising:  don't ask someone to give if you're not giving yourself.  

You might wonder what this post has to do with my dishwasher.  Well, it broke last week.  And it couldn't have come at a more opportune time.  I've decided that instead of replacing it, I'm going to do dishes by hand and apply the money that would have been spent on it toward this mission.  I know.  It's radical.  :)  And in March I'm going to have a garage sale and sell so much stuff that the kids think they're next!  And I'm going to ask you, dear friend, to partner with me.  We need to raise $1950 by April 1st and the remaining $1950 by June 1st.  This may seem daunting, but I have no fear.  God will show up in this.  He equips those he calls, and he has most definitely called me to minister to the lost and hurting in Uganda.  Perhaps he is calling you too, if so, LET'S GO!!!  But if he's not calling you to actually go at this time, then help me to go in your place.  This is a chance for us to be the hands and feet of Jesus.  

(You can send your pledges to me at 9828 Crestline Drive, Knoxville, TN  37922.  Make checks payable to Believer's World Outreach, and you will receive a tax deduction.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment